Bioneers Conference – Artist Application 2018
This year, we are excited for art to play a central role on the conference grounds!
Our mission is to fill the 2018 conference with captivating, compelling and inspiring art and we invite you to help us make this vision a reality.
What is Bioneers?
The Annual Bioneers Conference, now in its 29th year, is where you get a front row seat into a thriving and regenerative tomorrow, today. The conference is an engaging and inspiring environment of collaboration, with individuals of all sectors and disciplines, co-creating the future. It’s where social, environmental and scientific innovators convene to present breakthrough solutions inspired by nature and powered by human ingenuity.
Bioneers conference attendance is 3,000+ with an engaged social media audience of 100,000+, and with a year-round conference engagement. We look forward to your partnership and considering your work to at this year’s conference.
The Bioneers Conference fosters connection, cross-pollination and collaboration by bringing together diverse people and projects. We link strategic networks at the local, regional, national and international levels.
The Bioneers Conference will take place October 19-21, 2018 at The Marin Center, San Rafael California.
We are looking for art in the following categories:
- Art Installations For Conference Grounds – The Bioneers Conference grounds is a large, outdoor open space that is home to tents used for speakers and workshops, such as the Youth Leadership Tent and the Indigenous Forum. It is also where guests gather to eat lunch and rest in between sessions. Our goal is to fill the conference grounds with visually stimulating and thought provoking art. This is a very large space, so large pieces do well.
- Musicians –During the lunch hour, Bioneers will be featuring musicians playing on the lawn the attendees can enjoy while eating lunch.
- Saturday Night Party Roving Performers – Every year Bioneers hosts a fun Saturday night dance party. This year, we’d love roving performers, such as hulahoopers, st circus artists and walk around characters to help create fun ambiance in the space.
- Live Painters – We are looking for painters who are willing to live paint outdoors to help activate the conference grounds. At the end of the conference, you have the option to include your painting in the silent auction for a 50/50 split.
- Community Art Project – We are looking for art projects that can be done outdoors and involve the greater Bioneers community, let’s activate the space with community art! Examples include inviting guests to paint prayer flags, posters, murals, etc.
Compensation: Assessed on a case-by-case basis with either monetary compensation or conference passes in lieu of compensation.
Our current social media numbers are:
Facebook: 85,870 followers
Twitter: 21,600 followers
Instagram: 5,573 followers
Newsletter Subscribers: 28,538
Applications Due Date:
August 1st, 2018 at 5pm PST
To Apply, please fill out an ARTIST APPLICATION:
Any questions or comments, please email Polina@bioneers.org
//php _e( 'Categorised in: ', 'html5blank' ); the_category(', '); // Separated by commas ?>