2016 Bioneers Conference Press Center
Thank you for your interest in the 2016 Bioneers Conference. Applications for press passes are now open.
Please note that because we have a limited number of media passes our team will carefully review your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, you can learn more about our event through our press kit section below.To apply for a Press Pass Click Here »
Bioneers Press Contact
Conference Press Kit
Bioneers is an innovative nonprofit educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet. Founded in 1990 in Santa Fe, New Mexico by social entrepreneurs Kenny Ausubel and Nina Simons, Bioneers has acted as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. A celebration of the genius of nature and human ingenuity, Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other.
2016 Bioneers Conference
When: October 21-23, 2016 – Starting at 8 A.M.
Where: Marin Center – San Rafael, California
For 27 years, our summits have brought together change makers, innovators and visionary leaders to address the world’s most challenging environmental and social issues.
Attendees will explore breakthrough ideas and models in our morning keynote talks, participate in afternoon panels and workshops and engage with art performances and film screenings. To learn more about the extension of our conference program, please visit our schedule page.
Magic Moments video
2016 Keynote Speakers And Program Highlights
At Bioneers we are morphing movements into systemic change. This year’s conference program will navigate from gender equity to animal intelligence, from biodiversity to Indigenous wisdom and much more. It will be a gather of visionary leadership in a time of important changes:
- Janine Benyus + Biomimicry + design innovations inspired by nature
- Bill McKibben + other luminaries on climate solutions
- Eve Ensler + others on gender equity and art for social change
- Ericka Huggins on restorative justice and spirituality
To learn more about our remarkable keynotes, please visit our speakers page.
- Ray of Hope Prize – Bioneers 2016 will host the first awards ceremony for the Biomimicry Global Design Challenge, the $100,000 “Ray of Hope” prize. This competition uses nature-inspired solutions to address climate change issues like food systems, water management and alternative energy. Learn more about the seven finalist teams here
- Indigenous Knowledge Forum – In this workshop, frontline Indigenous leaders will survey Indigenous solutions for climate change. Learn more here
- Free events – All events listed on this page are free opportunities for the public to get a taste of the Bioneers experience